Get ready! The 2013 National Scout Jamboree is coming and it ain't your father's jamboree. We're talking serious high adventure, people! Whitewater rafting, zip-lining, rappelling, mountain biking, hiking, and more - with 50,000 of your closest friends at the brand new Summit Bechtel Reserve in the wilds of West Virginia.
Check out the key dates below and start planning now to be a part of history at the very first jamboree at The Summit.
The Jamboree - July 15-July 24, 2013
Registration - Now Open. Applicants will need a photo and their current membership information, as reflected at the local council, to apply to attend the jamboree.
Get all the details at BSAJamboree.org
Sign up for Jamboree by following these three easy steps:
Adult leaders must also complete the NCAC Jamboree Adult Leader Application and Contract. View the full instructions for adult leaders. Scouts must have completed 6th grade OR be at least 12 years old by July 15, 2013, but not have reached their 18th birthday by July 25, 2013, and live and abide by the Scout Oath & Law and the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
JAMBOREE SIGNUP UPDATE
In an effort to simplify the jamboree registration process, there have been a few changes implemented.
The following changes are effective immediately:
- Validation against fewer pieces of information.
- The registration system validates the member records of the applicant by the information entered in the profile of the Summit account. Now when an applicant enters their member information in their profile to “link” it to their Summit account, the system will only validate against three pieces of data. The last name, date of birth and the member id number. As long as those three items match what is in PAS at the Marriott Scout Service Center the membership will “link” and the applicant will be passed through to the application.
- Photo no longer required at the time of application.
- The applicant can now choose to skip the photo upload step to get to the application. It will be necessary to upload a photo to the applicants Summit account before jamboree credentials are ordered, but it does not have to be completed in order to access the application. It can be completed at a later date. Please keep in mind the photo can also be updated as often as needed until the time that credentials are ordered.
- Electronic parental consent eliminated.
- The parental consent for all applicants under the age of 18 will no longer be required online. This will eliminate the necessity of the parent creating a parallel parent account, linking their child’s application to their account and submitting it through the parent account to complete the application. In place of that, the signatures needed by the Jamboree Department are now part of the “Request to Attend” form. (sample attached.) Once this form is received at the Marriott Scout Service Center, it will need to be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Jamboree Registration team will then mark the required “parental consent received” on the application.