Internet Advancement Tip #1
If a unit is using a compatible 3rd party software (like Troop Master), the unit should first download a unit roster from Internet Advancement.
Compare the first name, last name and date of birth of each scout.
The information must exactly match: Third party to Internet Advancement
The unit can only change ScoutNet information at Recharter or by calling the Council (Registration Dept)
Therefore, 3rd party should exactly match ScoutNet.
What happens if the information doesn’t match? Information will not load!
Please follow the rules of registration: no extra spaces, no punctuation,
Example: O’Brien can only be entered as: Obrien No space, no punctuation, and two capital letters cannot be adjacent to each other (OBrien)
Internet Advancement Tip #2
Internet Advancement Tip #3
As some of you know, I have been returning the non-Internet Advancement Reports to the DE’s to return to the units. Thank you for your help in getting units on board with this.
Please pass along the following request to all your units; individually and at Round Tables.
1. Do not mail IA Reports to council. Not necessary, and you can save a tree.
2. Bring IA reports to the Scout Shop when making purchases.
3. If you have to do a mail order with the Scout Shop, make sure you address the envelope to the Scout Shop. If not specifically addressed to the Scout Shop, it will not be delivered to them and you will not receive your order.
4. You do not have to submit the old fashioned 3-part self-carbon paper form with the IA Report. Also, don’t submit the TroopMaster report with the IA report. You should submit only the IA report.
Margee's Internet Advancement tip for May 2013
Actually, 2 tips and they should be shared with your unit leaders – email to Unit leaders and committee chairs, and announced at Roundtables and all training events. Thanks.
1. If there has been no activity from the unit in 6 months, the account becomes blocked. The unit has to contact me and then I have to contact national to remedy the situation. Please encourage units to do monthly updates, especially just before the end of the year.
If the Internet Advancement processor has Internet Explorer 10, the information can be entered, but the information will not be “submitted”. Remedy for this is to go to the IE tool bar, click on Compatibility View Settings, and click “display all”.
Thanks for helping your units achieve “Journey to Excellence” status.
Don’t forget, send this message as soon as possible.
(Thanks for helping me, too.)
Margee Egan | Program Specialist
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
National Capital Area Council
Marriott Scout Service Center
9190 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
O 301-214-9197 | F 301-564-9513
www.BoyScouts-NCAC.org | www.BeAScout.org
Follow us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/NCACBSA
United Way #8046 | CFC #48974