Potomac District Eagle Coordinator
Last updated: 7/18/2012 @ 1:08 PM
what do I do when I'm ready to have my Eagle Scout Service Project approved or make arrangements for an Eagle Board of Review (EBOR).
• Eagle Scout candidates need to contact the Potomac District Eagle Coordinator to set up appointments. This person is Mr. Byron Lord. His contact information is (301) 340-1275. E-mail is not available.
• Leave a clear, proper phone message of introduction including your full name, phone number, unit number and the reason for the call - to request a meeting for either project approval or arrangements for an EBOR.
Ø Calls are returned (note: he does travel as part of his work)
Ø Mr. Lord does not have an E-mails address.
• Appointments: (approximately 45 minutes)
Ø Review and approve Eagle Scout service projects
Ø Review and approve Eagle Scout Rank application package and arrange your Eagle Board of Review
• Scouts need to be in a correct FULL uniform, including merit badge sash, for all appointments.
• Scouts should have the signed BSA Local Council Certification page with them and attached to the Eagle Scout Applicaiton when meeting to set up an Eagle Board of Review. This is obtained by the Unit leader or unit advancement chairman on behalf of the scout. This is mandatory. Note: Response time following the actual EBOR is greatly reduced when using this method. Click HERE for more information from NCAC
• Scouts need to bring with them all draft and final papers for their project or application to each appointment unless instructed otherwise by the District Eagle Coordinator.
• Scouts should work with the same District Eagle Coordinator throughout their trail to Eagle. This includes their project approval, technical review of their application and arrangements for their EBOR.
• The Potomac District Eagle Boards of Review are normally held on the third (3rd) Friday of the month and begin promptly at 7:15 PM. (Plan to have everyone arrive NLT 7:00 PM.) This schedule is changed for November and December.
• The Potomac District includes communities of: Chevy-Chase, Bethesda, South Potomac, Glen Echo, Great Falls, Western & Southern Rockville, southwest part of Montgomery County.
• EBOR Location: Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints Church at 11700 Falls Road, Potomac, MD (intersection of Falls & Glen Roads)
• District Eagle Coordinator:
Ø Byron Lord ~ (301) 340-1275
NOTE: E-mail not available
You may also contact the Potomac District Advancement Committee if you still have questions. Please send them to Rick Kessel, Chairman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dick Holcomb, Vice Chairman at email@example.com,
Yours in Scouting,