Seneca District Area Eagle Coordinator page
Last updated: March 31, 2012
what do I do when I'm ready to have my Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project approved or make arrangements for an Eagle Board of Review (EBOR).
• Eagle Scout candidates need to contact one of the District Area Eagle Coordinators as recommended by their Scoutmaster to set up appointments.
• Send an e-mail or leave a proper phone message of introduction with a return phone number and request a meeting for either project approval or arrangements for an Eagle Board of Review. Arrangements for an Eagle Board of Review must be made at least two weeks ahead of the next scheduled board.
Ø E-mails and calls are returned.
• Appointments: (approximately 45 minutes)
Ø Review and approve Eagle Scout Leadership Service projects
Ø Review and approve Eagle Scout Rank applications (package) and arrange your Eagle Board of Review
• Scouts need to be in a correct FULL uniform, including merit badge sash, for all appointments.
• Scouts MUST have the signed BSA Local Council Certification page with them and attached to the Eagle Scout Application when meeting with a District Eagle Coordinator to set up an Eagle Board of Review. This is obtained by the Unit leader or unit advancement chairman on behalf of the scout. Click HERE for more information from NCAC
• Scouts need bring with them all draft and final papers for their project or application to each appointment unless instructed otherwise by the District Area Eagle Coordinator.
• Scouts should work with the same District Area Eagle Coordinator throughout their trail to Eagle. This includes their project approval, technical review of their application and arrangements for their EBOR.
• Seneca District Boards of Review are normally held on the fourth (4th) Friday of the month and begin promptly at 7:30 PM. (Plan to have everyone arrive NLT 7:00 PM.)
• Seneca District includes communities of: Gaithersburg, North Potomac, Travilla, Germantown, Darnestown, Boyds, Poolesville, Barnesville, Clarksburg, Damascus, Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, the North end of Derwood (aka Far Northeast Potomac)
• Eagle Board of Review Location: Gaithersburg Presbyterian Church, 610 South Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20898
• District Area Eagle Coordinators:
Ø Primary: Tom Kennedy ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Ø Primary: Christine Jeffrey ~ email@example.com
If you still have questions, please send them to Rob Heider, Chairman of the Seneca District Advancement and Recognition Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.