CAMP WILLIAM B. SNYDER
If you're looking for a great adventure...it starts at Camp William B. Snyder! The 325-acre Camp William B. Snyder, located in Haymarket, Virginia is the latest and greatest camping experience offered by the National Capital Area Council and the Boy Scouts of America. Camp Snyder, now operating in our 6th year serves as a multi-functional camp that can meet the needs of Packs, Troops, Venture Crews, Varsity Teams, and other outside organizations looking to develop a partnership or quality outdoor experience.
Camp William B. Snyder, 6100 Antioch Road, Haymarket, VA 20169 (571) 248-4904
Contact Camp Snyder
A map and directions to the camp are posted here or you may use this interactive map.
You may also download and view the camp layout with this Camp William B. Snyder Map
UPDATE MARCH 28, 2013
The camp office and store will be closed on March 29 for Good Friday and will re-open on April 1st.
Camp William B. Snyder Scout Store and Office Hours:
Office Hours: 9:00am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday
Store Hours: 9:00am - 3:00pm Monday - Friday
Closed from 12:30 - 1:00 for Lunch
Below are some of the on-site resources/facilities and activities offered at Camp Snyder.
- Cub Scout Resident Overnight and Day Camp Late June through Mid-August
- Off-Season Camping for Scouting Units Mid-September - Late June
- The Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience (COPE) course.
- Theme Areas (Western Fort, Nautical Ship, Native American Village, and The Big Dig)
- Swimming Pool with slides
- Three 36-Person Cabins complete with full kitchens, bunks and seperate adult bedrooms.
- Activity pavilions
- On-site Chapel
- Brian F. Scott Outdoor Amphitheater
- 14 Camp Sites & 5 Shower Houses
- Stephen G. Marriott Dining hall with a 550 person seating capacity!
- Volunteer Hylton Training Center
- 125 acres of Wetlands, a 7 acre lake & nature trail professionally managed by Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc.
- Parent & Son Overnights
- IMPEESA Training
- Wood Badge Training
- SCUBA Certification Course
- Multiple District & Council Training Courses
RENTING CAMP FACILITIES
Many Camp William B. Snyder Facilities are available for rental. Click here for more details.
Please note that Reservations for Off Season Camp Use are not final until a Application for Camp Snyder Facilities and Equipment Use has been officially completed, submitted and approved by the National Capital Area Council. Other forms of communication such as Emails and phone calls will not be accepted as actual confirmed reservations, but may be utilized to inquire about potential availability.