The Charles County Good Scout Award Committee is pleased to announce that the 2012 Good Scout Award Dinner will be held on May 16, 2012 at the Waldorf Jaycees. Do you know someone who is a strong leader in the community and with an equally strong character? You should nominate them for the Good Scout Award!
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The 2012 Good Scout Award Dinner will showcase Scouting throughout Charles County and honor a true leader of the community. This will be the 11th year of the event.
Recent Honorees have included Michael O. Raymond of Raymond Funeral Services and Sam Graves, former County Commissioner.
NOMINATIONS FOR AWARD RECIPIENT:
The Good Scout Award Committee is reaching out to the community to solicit nominees for the distinction of “Good Scout.” The characteristics of this “Good Scout” are as follows:
1. Leadership: The nominee serves as leader in the community through professional experience and personal service
2. Respect: Due to his/her enthusiastic services to others, the nominee has earned the respect and esteem of his/her colleagues and peers.
3. Integrity: The nominee is guided by strong moral principles, such as honesty and integrity.
4. Spirit of Scouting: The nominee exemplifies the ideals of the Boy Scouts of America as expressed in the Scout Oath and Law (see below).
Please send your nomination to Wes Haynes email@example.com or mail to 22520 Iverson Dr. #1001, Great Mills, MD 20634; 301-943-8376.
Your nomination should include the following information:
(1) Name of nominee;
(2) Contact information of nominee;
(3) Your contact information;
(4) Number of years that you have known the nominee; and
(5) Description of how your nominee satisfies each of the criteria listed above.
A nomination form can be downloaded from here: Charles County Good Scouter Award
Deadline for nominations: March 16th.
The 2012 Good Scout Award Recipient will be chosen by committee and past honorees.
THE SCOUT OATH
On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country;
To obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
THE SCOUT LAW
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.
Past Reward Recipients:
Edwin L. Kelly
Dr. John Warren
Lawrence H. “Larry” Wright