Eagle Scout Information
NEW Revised: 5/16/2013 @ 11:35 PM
There is a new format version of the current Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook that is an "expandable" PDF. All the same requirements but this fillable PDF contains New functionalities for this electronic workbook that include expandable text boxes and the ability to insert images in JPEG, GIF, TIF, and PNG formats and much much more.
Click Here for the 3.2MB file. Recommend right click to save before opening. Note: This is the same workbook currently required only with added features.
Click here for the REVISED NCAC Eagle Scout Procedures Guide, June 2010
Click HERE to be redirected to the National online advancement resources page including Eagle information and forms.
NATIONAL CAPITAL AREA COUNCIL (NCAC)
EAGLE SCOUT LOCAL COUNCIL CERTIFICATION PROCEDURES
NEW as of May 12, 2013
To follow the requirements set by the National office, NCAC requires certifying all Eagle Scout Rank Applications prior to the Board of Review. This certification will ensure that all the Scouts’ dates, requirements, and merit badges are accurate before the candidate can sit for his Eagle Board of Review.
PURPOSE: Updates Eagle Scout Rank Application (ESRA) certification procedures to require a District Advancement Committee’s review prior to submission to NCAC for certification.
- Certification of all ESRAs is required by the BSA prior to scheduling the Eagle Board of Review (EBOR). Certification confirms the Scouts’ requirements, rank dates, merit badges, and signatures are correct.
- This procedure update will reduce errors in submitted ESRAs and improve the overall processing time at the NCAC.
- This update does not change any other NCAC policy or procedure pertaining to applying for Eagle Scout.
- When all requirements for the rank of Eagle (except the board of review) have been completed, an ESRA must be filled out by the Scout and reviewed by the District Eagle Representative (DER). Unit involvement in the preparation of the ESRA prior to this review is required.
- Use of the attached NCAC Eagle Scout Certification Checklist is recommended.
- A unit must reconcile the Scout’s handbook, the unit’s management records (or software (e.g.., TroopMaster©)), blue cards and ESRA to ensure all dates are in agreement with the Scout’s Internet Advancement record. If necessary, the unit should take corrective action.
- All information on the ESRA must agree with the data reported on Internet Advancement.
Click HERE for the new procedures (PDF Format).
For more information, contact the NCAC program office or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alan Deter, Chairman
Advancement & Recognition Committee
National Capital Area Council, BSA
Originally posted: 5-13-09
Revised: 5/16/13 @ 11:35 PM
2012 Eagle Scout Rank Application
2011 Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook (PDF) - expandable
The 2012 Eagle Scout Rank Application form (512-728) is the version of this form that should be used when long names and addresses are entered into the PDF file.
The NCAC Advancement Committee DOES NOT HAVE an approved a Word format version for the 2011 Eagle Scout Service Project (ESSP) Workbook.
The 2012 Eagle Scout Rank Application form has a major change. Requirement 5 - The wording was changed back to the date the project is complete. This is different from the previous printing versions wording where the project was not completed until all final signatures have been obtained.
If you have specific questions, please contact your District Advancement Chairman or send them directly to me.
Yours in Scouting,
Chairman, Advancement & Recognition Committee
National Capital Area Council, BSA