If you have news that our shooting sports community needs to know, please contact the committee to consider and post the information.
• 27 August - NRA Shotgun Instructor / RSO Course: We have coordinated a MASSIVE discount for adults willing to help with the upcoming Patriot District Camporee. Thanks to NRA cooperation Camp Snyder is offering a combined course for ony $125 (usual commercial cost $375) on 5-7 Oct. Click HERE for details and how to register. Look under the Fall/Spring program area. Slots are going fast so hurry. If you take advantage of this course we would expect for you to volunteer to help with the Patriot and at least one other district shooting sports event.
• 27 August - NRA Training Counselor Certification Course: Are you passionate about shooting sports and committed to Scouting? Have you considered becoming a Training Counselor responsible for training Scouters to becme certified NRA Instructors and Range Safety Officers. A course is coming up to make this happen. Please contact the Committee Chair (Joe Walker, email@example.com, 703 978 8581) as soon as possible if you are interested. Here are the minimum requirements you must meet to be eligible.
- Be a current member of the local BSA council (member ID must be provided)
- Must have participated in a local council shooting sports program as an active NRA instructor for at least the past year. Documents of participation required. Should have taught atleast 5 MB sessions. If you taugh at any summer camp you will meet the requirement.
- Agree to teach at least 3 NRA Instructor classes in either rifle, shotgun ,pistol, muzzleloading rifle, or NRA Range Safety Officer for a local council, or a council nearby in the next 2 years.
- Upon completion of this workshop, participate as an active member of a local council shooting sports committee.
• 08 August - On Target: Patriot District has opened it's Fall 2012 District Camporee registration page. The DIstrict is looking for qualified adult NRA certified Range Safety Officers and Instructors. If you can help or know somoen who can please consider registering to volunteer as staff. Volunteers DO NOT need to be Scouters.