Join Scouting Night
Join Scouting Night (i.e. a recruiting meeting held inside the school building for parents and their sons) is one of the primary ways that units recruit new boys to Scouting. The National Capital Area Council provides many resources to help units make these events successful.
The sections below give a brief overview of Join Scouting Nights. The following link provides more detailed information:
Scheduling and Promotion
Advanced planning is key to ensuring a successful Join Scouting Night. Use the following steps as a guide to setting up your own Join Scouting Night:
- Contact your school to find the date of their Back to School Night. Ask if you can distribute flyers.
- Reserve the school building for an evening within a week of Back to School Night.
- Request flyers that promote your Join Scouting Night from your District Executive.
- Attend the Back to School Night and hand out flyers.
- Conduct the Join Scouting Night.
What to Bring to Join Scouting Night
Who to Invite
Join Scouting Nights are only successful if enough of the right people get involved. You should make sure that at least the following people are in attendance:
- Den Leaders (at least two)
- Pack Committee Member
- Two adults to run games/activities (one of whom is Youth Protection trained)
- District Executive or other district representative (to collect applications)