FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I do if I think there is a Youth Protection Issue or an Unsafe Environment in my Scout Unit??
Perhaps you are unsure what a “youth protection issue” or “unsafe condition” looks like. Please refer to the "Guide to Safe Scouting" and the BSA’s Youth Protection Training to clarify this for you. If you have questions—or especially if you believe there is a problem regarding unit safety or youth protection—please contact your local Scouting professional.
- Where can I find details about the new Internet Rechartering I've heard about?
Details about this great time-saving service is located under the Commissioner Service pages. Your unit commissioner will be glad to assist you with this new online opportunity. Visit Internet Rechartering Is Here.
- Where can I buy patches and download forms?
Right on this Website! Visit Online Resources to locate forms, documents, and other useful links, and the Online Store to purchase patches, hats, and other great products.
- Where can I download Adobe Reader and Flash Player plug-ins needed to open many of the form downloads and run the online training courses on this site?
Most of the documents and forms on this site are in PDF files. Download the latest free version of Adobe Reader here. (it is also a link at the bottom of each Web page) Several of the online courses require a newer version of Flash Player. Download the latest free Flash Player here. (be sure to uncheck the "Also Install" Yahoo toolbar if you don't want the toolbar)
- Where can I locate by district's website?
The district website links may be located here.
- What is the territory of the National Capital Area Council?
"Service area" is a commonly used term to indicate the geographical area served by our Council. NCAC territory includes the District of Columbia; Frederick, Montgomery, Prince George’s, Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s counties in Maryland; and in Virginia the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, Fauquier, Spotsylvania, Caroline, King George, Stafford and Culpeper as well as the independent cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Manassas, Manassas Park and Fredericksburg. The service area is divided into 22 districts plus one Learning for Life division.
- How do I join the Boy Scouts??
Great question! Check out the Join Us section within this site.
- Where can I locate online forms?
Many useful BSA forms are available on the Forms & Documents page.
- What are the guidelines for Cub Scout outdoor programs such as camping?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions. Check here.
- What would you like to know??
If you've not been able to locate the information you need, please send your request the NCAC_Website Administrator.
- What is NCAC's council number?
NCAC's council number is 082.