Falls 2012 Wood Badge Course, 7-9 Sep & 6-8 Oct 2012, Camp William B. Snyder, Haymarket, VA
Wood Badge: An overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs now.
NCAC course incorporates the traditions of over 80 years of Wood Badge, while adding the management and leadership training necessary to become a successful leader in the 21st century.
Wood Badge is designed to meet the advanced leadership needs of all Scouters, particularly Cub Leaders, Scoutmasters and Assistants, Varsity Team leaders, Venturing Crew Advisors, Committee Chairs and other unit, district, council, and professional adults in leadership positions.
Wood Badge is more than a classroom; it's entertaining, fun games, hands-on projects, team building, and inspirational events. You will come away with an appreciation of Scouting's heritage, as well as a vision of the role you will play in its future, and the impact you will make on the youth in your own unit, the district and our council. Participation in this course will provide skills to help you achieve success in other aspects of your life… like home, or in your career!
The course is a 2-weekend, fun-filled practical training period where the Scoter lives as a member of a team progressing through Scouting, and learning the skills of leadership. The application phase is completed at home, by implementing the skills you just learned in accomplishing a series of written goals focused on each person's real life role in Scouting.
As a result of attending Wood Badge, participants will be able to:
• View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated values-based programs that provide age-appropriate activities for youth;
• Recognize the leadership concepts utilized in corporate America and leading government organizations that are relevant to our values-based movement;
• Apply the skills learned from their participation as a member of a successful working team;
• Revitalize their commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission; and
• Begin to contribute their own legacy to our continuing history in Scouting.
To apply or to get more information go to http://boyscouts-ncac.org/woodbadge