CLICK HERE TO READ NEWSFLASH (NOTE: the titles on the newsflash list are only headlines -- issues usually contain additional items not shown in the headline.)
NewsFlash Documents Folder (contains documents for which links appeared in NewsFlash)
Click Here to read old Montgomery NEWSFLASH Articles
9/14/2012 - We are starting the swap from the Montgomery District NewsFlash to a Seneca NewsFlash. You will shortly receive an email asking you to sign up for the Seneca version.
TO SUBSCRIBE, or unsubscribe or change your email address or other profile information: logon and click "my information," and choose e-lists. If you don't yet have, or forgot, your user ID or password click Logon and follow the instructions.
TO SUBMIT AN ITEM TO NEWSFLASH: Newflash is for brief notices of interest to all Scouters in the District. Please submit your brief notice (one paragraph preferred) in ready-to-publish form following the guidelines below. The newsflash editor does not write articles but may edit for length, spelling and/or grammar and may send the item back to you if key information is missing.
Make sure your newsflash article has a contact name and email address -- even if you don't think anyone needs to contact you about it. The submitter's name and email will be used if none other is given.
The weekly deadline for newsflash submissions is FRIDAY by 5pm for inclusion in the following TUESDAY edition (in by Friday, out on Tuesday.)
Submit your Newsflash item to:
Please do not include file attachments since the system allows only one attachment and even that can cause problems for recipients. Documents, pictures, etc. should be placed on the District Website so you can include a link in your article rather than sending file attachments with Newsflash . The link needs to be the complete text of the URL. Click on Contacts in the menu at the left to contact the Webmaster and arrange this.)
Other important guidelines: Like the Model Ts, text can be color as long as it is black. Left justify a one line headline. Fancy formatting like centering or right justifying paragraphs won't come through. No colored backgrounds. No background pictures. No shading of text. Bulleted lists are okay. Thanks!
Of course, articles need to be Scouting appropriate which means:
- No advertisements for commercial products or services, unless officially sponsored or approved by the BSA
and deemed appropriate for advertising to the District.
- No fundraiser announcements or solicitations, unless officially sponsored or approved by the BSA and being conducted by the Council or District.
- No Eagle project announcements or solicitations for Eagle project help
- No items that suggest or encourage any violation of BSA health, safety, or youth protection rules or guidelines
- Notices for community events in the District that may be of interest to Scout units (e.g. community service projects, community days, etc.) may be published provided they meet the above conditions and are appropriate for the District.
"If in doubt, keep it out" (or ask in advance about whether it's appropriate).