A rebroadcast of yesterday's Council E-Source for those who didn't get it.
NOTICE - BSA National will conduct a survey of its members about its memberhship policy.
Members are encourages to participate - by Feb. 27
NCAC E-Source: Spring Voice of the Scout
A Special Bulletin from National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
Spring Voice of the Scout to Launch March 8th
The Spring Voice of the Scout (VOS) survey is scheduled to launch on Friday, March 8th. VOS is a semiannual survey conducted nationally by BSA to help us get feedback from the most important group of all - our members. This spring's survey will include additional questions seeking opinions about the potential change to the national membership standards that will be considered at the National Annual Meeting in May.
Scouts, their parents, leaders and Chartered Organization Representatives have until February 27th to ensure their up-to-date email address is registered in ScoutNet so that they can participate in this survey. The best way to do this is with the new "MyScouting Tools" at www.MyScouting.org. Individuals can access their own information, but units are also encouraged to collect their members' email addresses so their unit committee chair or unit leader can update address for the entire unit at once.
To access "MyScouting Tools":
• Log into www.MyScouting.org (Note: Minimum browser requirements: Firefox 14, Chrome 21 or Internet Explorer 9.0)
• Click the "MyScouting Tools" link
• Sign in on the MyScouting Tools welcome page
• Select your toolkit
◦ Example: If you are part of a troop, that troop will appear as a toolkit
• Under "My Profile", update your personal contact information. The changes will appear immediately in ScoutNet.
• Unit leaders and committee chairs can use the "Roster Manager" tool to view, export and update contact information for anyone on their unit roster.
On the MyScouting.org main page there is a link to a very useful PowerPoint slide show demonstration. To view this demonstration now click here. As always, your unit commissioner and the Council communications team are available to help.
Voice of the Scout is a very important tool that helps improve the Scouting program. It only works, however, when many people take part. Making sure your contact information is up-to-date is the vital first step to making sure your voice is heard.
© 2013 / www.BoyScouts-NCAC.org