WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSITY OF SCOUTING PAGE
2012 UOS Photo Album
Click HERE to Register Online Now
Download the 2013 Catalog HERE
When: Saturday, February 23, 2013
Purpose of the University of Scouting – The “University of Scouting” is a supplemental training opportunity for all adult Scout leaders. It is the only time during the year where you can find, all in one place, the widest variety of training opportunities in all program areas (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venture Scouts, Varsity Scouts, District, and Council). Whether you are new to the program or a veteran of many years, the University provides interesting courses in Cubbing, Scouting, what we call “Adventuring” (a combination of Varsity, Venturing, and Sea Scout activities), as well as Electives opportunities.
- The College of Cub Scouting provides a wide variety of courses from pack administration to planning for an outdoor program.
- The College of Boy Scouting provides an exciting variety of troop, patrol and outdoor planning supplemental courses to help manage the challenges of a great troop experience.
- The College of Adventure Scouting is an interesting combination of courses for those who are wish to learn more about Scouting's “senior” level programs and the challenges of an active high adventure experience.
- The Electives Program offers many “general studies courses” that cut across all the programs. Just about everything from diversity and special needs to using technology can be found in the Electives Program.
- The College of Distance Learning offers our Scouters the ability to enrich their understanding of Scouting and its programs while enhancing their skills through an online experience. This College resolves conflicts for our religiously observant Scouters as well as those with personal or professional conflicts who find themselves unable to physically attend the University each year. The CDL has now opened its doors to students. Regular fees apply.
- Standalone Courses are those that are BSA national syllabus courses such as BALOO, VLSC(Y), VLSC(A), VCLST, or are courses that lead to certification recognized and/or needed by the BSA. Note that standalone courses do not meet any degree requirements in any College.
All these opportunities are available at the University for learning how to better serve our young people!
LUNCH IS INCLUDED - Once again lunch is included.
Carpool – Parking is ample at Hayfield Secondary School, however carpooling is always encouraged to conserve resources. A Scout is Thrifty!
Basic Schedule – A personal schedule specific to each participant will be provided at check-in for pre-registered attendees.
- 7:30 am - 8:15 am Check-in/Registration (All participants pick up their personal schedule)
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Opening Ceremony
- 9:10 am - 4:00 pm University Courses (Check personal schedule for specific course times)
- 4:10 pm - 4:30 pm Closing Ceremony